With another heat wave bearing down on Southern California, the refreshing coolness of mint in a fresh ceviche with Glitne Halibut was heavenly. Glitne Poke cubes of sushi-grade Halibut made for extra quick preparation as the cubes needed only to be cubed to size and quick-cured with citrus for flavor (unlike wild-halibut which requires cooking thoroughly). With a bag of our favorite paleo Coconut Chips, this ceviche was a perfect meal for 2 or an appetizer for 4.
(1) @Seatopia Halibut Poke cubes package
(4) Tablespoons organic olive oil
(2) Organic lemons (give or take depending on the desired tartness)
(4) Tablespoons diced organic onion
(1/2) Cup diced organic tomato or about one handful of organic cherry tomatoes cut in half
(1/2) Organic cucumber cubed
* Fresh mint or cilantro leaves to taste
* Salt to taste
* Chips of your choice (I used paleo coconut chips from @therealcoconut )
Drain any water from the @seatopia package and pat dry with paper towels. This step is very important!! All proteins should be free from excess moisture for the best results (ask any chef)!
Cut your poke cubes to the desired size or leave as is and place in a medium bowl
Add your olive oil and lemon juice
Add diced onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and torn oregano or cilantro leaves
Salt to taste and mix
Serve with your favorite chips and ENJOY😊