Lunar Shipping Policy
SEATOPIA deliveries are only made twice per month in line with the full moon and new moon (about every 14.75, or 29.5 days). Aligning SEATOPIA deliveries with the lunar calendar helps tune our collective connection to nature's rhythms and it helps us simplify logistics.
Upcoming Seatopia Lunar Shipments
- Orders placed before 12PM PST on 3/09 will be shipped on March 10th for delivery with the New Moon on March 11th
- Mar 30th shipment for Full Moon Mar 31st delivery
Q2 2021 Seatopia Lunar Shipments
- April 13th shipment for Apr 14th delivery
- April 27th shipment for Apr 28th delivery
- May 11th shipment for May 12th delivery
- May 26th shipment for May 27th delivery
- June 9th shipment for June 10th delivery
- June 23rd shipment for June 24th delivery
Inspired by permaculture traditions and Chronobiotic nutrition, we found that scientists have confirmed variations in plant sap flow, biological functions, and subtle changes in Earth’s electro-magnetic fields correspond to the moon’s gravitational pull. Scientists have also confirmed that the moon has an influence on breeding and feeding cycles of many life forms on this planet. As fish contain a high proportion of water, it is not surprising that they would also respond to a force that can move huge bodies of water. When you consider that fish absorb nutrients as ions that carry either a positive or negative electric charge, you can see how changes in electro-magnetic fields can effect the food we eat. If you're a skeptic, just remember, we ship twice per month. =)
Endeavoring to synchronize harvest and shipments around the lunar calendar, we send out shipments using overnight shipping couriers the week of the full and or new moon to ensure your SEATOPIA box arrives on time, and at the desired temperature to ensure your seafood remains perfectly frozen. In the days leading up to shipment, we will email you a tracking number notifying you when the order has shipped. To check the status of your delivery, please refer to your tracking number and correlating service provider. If you don’t receive a confirmation email, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are our shipping policy terms:
- We do not require a signature for delivery.
- Orders sent to multi-unit dwellings, such as apartment buildings, may not be released unless someone is home to accept them.
- We are unable to replace items due to the recipient being unavailable at the time of delivery. Our boxes are clearly marked “perishable” on the outside, and we are not responsible for the times received and not opened.
- We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes, APO, or FPO addresses. We ship currently to only 3 Western states (California, Arizona, and Nevada) in the United States.
- We do not ship to Hawaii, Alaska, and Guam. We do not ship internationally.
- Please note that we will not assume responsibility for any incorrect or incomplete addresses provided to us.
- Please inspect your package immediately upon receipt. All claims must be filed within 24 hours of receipt.
- We will not assume any responsibility for any seafood that becomes unusable because of failure to follow instructions (in the package or on our website) by the recipient.
- SEATOPIA is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
- Currently, we offer free expedited overnight shipping in California and just $15 shipping fees for Arizona and Nevada deliveries (with extra dry-ice).
Please check back with us as we plan to offer SEATOPIA in more states in the near future. Click on our newsletter sign up page to receive updates on new states we add to our shipping destinations.