Fish tacos are super easy to make and always tasty. It starts with quality fish. The SEATOPIA Glitne Halibut cubes are perfect for fish tacos, whether it's Taco Tuesday or any other day of the week, and always hits the mark for everyone at the dining table. The halibut go perfectly well with warm, corn tortillas, spicy cabbage slaw, and a dab of crema.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 portions of Glitne halibut cubes (1 bag, ~12oz)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3/4 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne
- 1 lime juiced
- 6 corn tortillas
Spicy Cabbage Slaw:
- 1/2 lb of thinly sliced purple cabbage
- dash of salt
- 1/2 carrot sliced thinly
- 1/8 cup of sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 of Jalapeno chili chopped (or more if you like it more spicy)
- 1/8 cup of lime juice
- 1 heaping tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 3 tbsp of mayo
- 1/2 lime, juiced or to taste
- 1/2 tsp of Sriracha or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- dash of salt or to taste
- Combine the oil, garlic, spices, and lime into a bowl and give it a good mix.
- Pat dry the cubed Glitne halibut and place into a ziploc bag. Pour in the marinade and let soak for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice up the purple cabbage, carrots, onions, cilantro, and jalapenos and put into a serving bowl. Add the lime juice and salt to taste and let sit.
- Combine the sour cream, mayo, Sriracha, and spices into a small serving bowl. Mix well and salt to taste and set aside.
- Heat up frying pan on medium-high heat. Add grapeseed oil and get pan hot.
- Place the Glitne halibut cubes into the pan (be careful to not empty the juices or it will splash). Cook on each side for about 1.5 minutes or to desired doneness and place into a bowl.
- Warm up the corn tortillas.
- Place tortillas onto plates and add fish, cabbage slaw, and crema and dive in!